KOHLER, Wis. — April 14, 2011: The art of seeking the very best that life has to offer is reaching new heights this spring. Kohler Co. — a global leader in kitchen and bath design and technology — has upped the ante of maintaining a sophisticated lifestyle with the debut of the KOHLER Numi toilet with bidet functionality. With Numi’s standards of excellence and performance, high levels of personal technology and forward-looking design, this WaterSense and CALGreen-certified “smart toilet” is truly the ultimate flushing experience.
The company’s newest bathroom product brims with luxurious features:
Following Kohler’s successful 2005 launch of the Purist Hatbox toilet, whose tankless silhouette redefined the bathroom category, Numi breaks the mold with its entirely new visual and technical language. Its design reflects a furniture aesthetic, creating an original toilet profile.
A distinctive, pared-down vision blended with personal technology will impress the most technologically-savvy user while the interface provides an easy-to-use experience for just about any member of the family.
“It’s truly an innovative product that makes a bold design statement,” says Jim Lewis, Kohler’s Vice President of Marketing. “We envisioned a toilet that creates a category in a caliber of its own. Numi packs technology into a compact toilet and is controlled by an advanced and intuitive interface. It’s an astounding example of modern industrial design where form and function go hand in hand.”
Numi is a celebration of the most technologically inspired experience in personal convenience. Adopting legendary architect Mies van der Rohe’s “Less is more” mantra, the Kohler design team took a minimalist approach to Numi’s creation, arranging complex technological functions internally within a limited space, all while presenting extreme simplicity externally. The result: a figment of beauty and geometry with high attention to detail, featuring a series of intersecting planes.
The KOHLER Numi toilet carries a 3-year limited warranty.
Kohler introduces its most advanced toilet, a perfect blend of technology, performance, and design.
• Streamlined and modern; a union of ceramic and glass construction
• Compact in size, yet big on comfort
• Distinctively graceful auto-open/close seat when you approach or leave the toilet, always presenting the exterior of the cover
• Ambient lighting through frosted glass panels on each side gives the space a soft light at night
• Indicator on floor provides with a visual queue to open and close
the seat ring hands-free
• Comfort Height
Interactive Touch Screen User Interface
• Intuitive icons and a touch screen provide superior, easy-to-use navigation for a personalized bidet experience.
• Can be handheld or used on the wall-mounted docking station.
• 12 different language options
• Magnetically connects to docking stations for battery charging
• User presets customize settings and recall saved preferences
• Best-in-class bidet functionality
• Adjustable Front and Rear sprays
• Integrated dryer in the bidet wand with adjustable air temperature dries more effectively
• Deodorizer pulls air from the bowl through a charcoal filter, removing odors
• Bidet Wand
• Single faucet-like wand with removable spray nozzle
• Integrated LED light in the wand tip
• Curved design minimizes total product height
• Stainless-steel construction is durable and easy to clean
• Includes a self-cleaning UV light
• NUMI is Kohler’s lowest flow and quietest toilet with best in class performance
• 1.28 and .6 gallons per flush
• Intelligent auto-flush setting assists with water conservation
• EPA WaterSense certified
• Speakers located at the back of the toilet allow you to play a pre-programmed song that comes with Numi, listen to FM radio, and play music from your own personal music device
• Option to install external speakers to play music in your shower for sound cohesion throughout
• Adjustable heated seat
• Warm air from a floor-level vent heats the floor surface and warms your feet
Founded in 1873 and headquartered in Kohler, Wis., Kohler Co. is one of America’s oldest and largest privately held companies. Kohler is a global leader in the manufacture of kitchen and bath products, engines and power generation systems, tile and home interiors, and an international host at its award-winning hospitality and world-class golf destinations.